Serenity Rose Garden
OPEN 24 hours a day.
For full details and pricing, please see our brochure.
The City of Kimball Cemetery has a kiosk for informational purposes.
CITY OF KIMBALL CEMETERY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No plot may be defined by any kind of fence, coping, railing, border, hedge, or embankment; nor may any plot be filled above the established grade. No plot or grave space may be decorated by its owner or others with any tree or shrub. Planting of live flowers next to a headstone is not allowed.
- Artificial or fresh cut flowers may be placed in an approved vase at any time; however, they will be discarded when dead, faded, broken or otherwise substantially deteriorated. An approved vase is permanent, constructed for cemetery use, and installed by a licensed and bonded monument company. Under no circumstances may glass, ceramics, bottles or jars be placed on the grounds.
- Placement of decorations on the ground will not be allowed April 1, through October 31. Examples of things not allowed include, but are not limited to: shepherds hooks, metal or wooden rods, solar lights, toys, unattached vases, spiked cone containers, metal designs, stones, glass or ceramic statues or flowerpots. All of these things can become projectiles and cause harm to people and objects in surrounding area. Decoration may be placed on the grave November 1 through April 1, if any time before or after these dates they will be removed and disposed of by cemetery staff.
- Memorial Day decorations and potted plants are only permitted on grave sites 10 days before and 10 days after Memorial day. If Memorial Day decorations are not removed from grave sites within the 10 days following the holiday, they will be removed and disposed of by cemetery staff.
- The City of Kimball shall have authority to remove any flowers, floral designs, weeds, trees, shrubs, plants, or herbage of any kind from the Cemetery as soon as in, the judgment of the Cemetery staff , they become unsightly, detrimental or diseased.
- The City of Kimball reserves the right to prevent the removal of any trees, shrubs, plants, or herbage of any kind unless the Cemetery Superintendent gives his consent.
- The City of Kimball shall not be liable for floral pieces, baskets, frames in which or to which floral pieces are attached. The City of Kimball shall not be liable for lost, misplaced, or broken floral vases.
- The City of Kimball shall not be responsible for plants, herbage, or shrubs of any kind damaged by the elements, thieves, vandals or by other causes beyond its control.
- Flowers placed on the gravesite at the time of interment shall be left undisturbed after the interment is complete, until final removal under the instructions of the Cemetery staff. When the flowers, and the frames to which they are attached, are removed from the grave, such items may be disposed of by the City of Kimball in any manner it sees fit.
- Flags will be permitted to the sides of the marker or monument or in a permanent or inground reversible vase and will be removed when deemed unsightly by the Cemetery staff to prevent offending Cemetery patrons.
- Organizations’ metal markers must be placed in the foundation of the marker or monument, or they will not be allowed to remain in the Cemetery.
- Permanent vases that are not in line with markers or monuments are not allowed in the Kimball Cemetery. In Ground/Reversible must be kept upside down during the mowing season unless in use.
- Permanent vases will not be permitted in front or back of marker or monument. They must be placed to either side.
- It is prohibited to cut, pick, deface, or mutilate any Cemetery plantings.
- Foot markers are not allowed, unless kept flush with the established grade. Please contact Cemetery Caretaker for more information.
- Concrete/Granite foundations for markers and monuments shall be required in all sections of the cemetery with the exception of Christus Garden, Serenity Rose Garden and Memorial Garden at the discretion of the Cemetery Caretaker and City Administrator in case of special circumstances. All foundations shall only be installed with the permission, and under the supervision of the Cemetery Caretaker. Concrete/Granite foundations shall not exceed 24 inches in width. They must be kept level with the lowest established grade, and not exceed the length of property owned. The City of Kimball Cemetery Caretaker reserves the right to remove any Foundation Marker or Monument placed without permission.
- Foundations/Washes are not permitted for markers in Christus Garden.
- Any monument company that shall enter the City of Kimball Cemetery for work on markers or monuments, shall give the Cemetery Caretaker 24 hours notice before arrival to complete such work.
- Memorial Garden allows only memorial markers. No burials. The cemetery pro-vides a concrete runner for mounting the memorial marker. Memorial markers are not allowed in the rest of the cemetery.
CITY OF KIMBALL CEMETERY SECTION GUIDELINES SECTIONS ORIGINAL, ONE, TWO THREE AND FOUR
Foundations are required for markers, Monu-ments and Headstones. Foundations must be 4’ for a singles space and 8’ for a double space. Foundations shall not be more than 24” wide and at least a 4” wash from base. For special Foundation requirements, contact the Cemetery Caretaker.
One Memorial Marker per space. Marker space 3’x 3’. Flat marker only mounted on concrete runner.
Vases & Other Items
Permanent or In Ground/Reversible vases and other items are allowed in Sections Original, Two and Three. Vases and other items will not be permitted in front or back of marker or monument. Vases and other items must be placed to the sides of marker or monument. Temporary vases and other items placed to the sides of the marker are allowable in ac-cordance with rule #3 and must be stuck into the ground.
Burial per Space
One full burial or one full burial and one Cre-mains burial is permitted per single space. Two Cremains burials per space is permitted. Full burials require, as a minimum, a concrete grave liner/box. Cremains burial must be placed within a suitable container made of materials such as wood, metal, plastic or ce-ment. Use of an urn vault is optional.
Foundations are not required. No foundation washes are allowed.
Only flat markers are allowed. Markers may be made of granite, marble or bronze. Mark-ers shall not be more than 36” x 14” for a sin-gle space and 60” x 14” for a double space.
Vases and Other Items
Only In Ground/Reversible vases and other items built within the Marker are allowed. Vases and other items will not be permitted in front or back of marker or monument. Vases and other items must be placed to the sides of Marker, Monument or Headstone. Tempo-rary vases and other items placed to the sides of the marker are allowable in accordance with rule # 3 and must be stuck into the ground.
Burial per Space
One full burial or one full burial and one Cremains burial is permitted per single space. Two Cremains burials per space is permitted. Full burials require, as a mini-mum, a concrete grave liner/box. Cre-mains burial must be placed within a suita-ble container made of materials such as wood, metal, plastic or cement. Use of an urn vault is optional.
SECTION: SERENITY ROSE GARDEN
(CREMAINS BURIALS ONLY)
Foundations are not required. No founda-tion washes are allowed.
Only flat markers are allowed . Markers may be made of granite, marble or bronze. Markers shall not be more than 24” x 14” for a single space and 36” x 14” for a dou-ble space.
Vases and Other Items
Only In Ground/Reversible vases and other items built within the Marker are allowed. Vases and other items will not be permitted in front or back of marker or monument. Vases and other items must be placed to the sides of Marker. Temporary vases and other items placed to the sides of the mark-er are allowable and must be stuck into the ground.
Burial per Space
One Cremains burial per space. Cremains burial must be placed within a suitable con-tainer made of materials such as wood, metal, plastic or cement. Use of an urn vault is op-tional.
SECTION| MEMORIAL GARDEN (MEMORIAL MARKERS ONLY)
Foundation is concrete strip provided in this section.
Flat markers only, no vases or decorations. Marker size-24” x 14”. Must be ordered and placed by insured monument company.
Burials will be allowed upon notification of the City of Kimball any day of the year with the exception of Holidays as set by the Kimball City Council for city employees or on Sundays.
Weekday burials must be completed by 4:00 p.m.
Saturday burials must be completed by 12:00 p.m. (Noon).
223 S. Chestnut, Kimball, NE 69145 | 308-235-3639 | Email Us | Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm